Workplace Accidents

Injured at work in South Australia?

Workers in South Australia may be entitled to workers compensation claims as a result of a workplace injury.  The claim could be either be through the state based scheme (Return to Work) or the federal based scheme (Comcare).

What is a Return to Work claim (previously known as a WorkCover claim)?

The WorkCover scheme in South Australia was replaced by the Return to Work scheme from 1 July 2015.  

If your injury was prior to 1 July 2015, some transitional provisions may apply to you. Please contact our workers compensation team to find out about your rights and entitlements if you were originally covered by WorkCover.

Return to Work is for workers under the South Australian (state based) workers compensation scheme.  It is also worth noting, some South Australian companies are “self insured”; that is, they manage their employees’ claims internally but are bound by the State based workers compensation legislation.

For an overview only of the Return to Work scheme, you can download one of our guides at the top of this page.

What is a Comcare claim?

Comcare is for workers under the Federal workers compensation scheme.

If you have an injury or disease arising out of your employment, you may be entitled to compensation. The process for claiming compensation through can be complicated. At Andersons, our team of lawyers try to make the process easier for you by providing you with the right information and working with you through the compensation claim process.

For an overview only of the Comcare scheme, you can download our Comcare Guide.

Your rights and entitlements to workers compensation

Each scheme has rights and entitlements when you've been injured or suffered a work related illness or disease and wish to make a workers compensation claim (either Return to Work or Comcare).

If you are having difficulties with your claim you should seek legal advice from a personal injury lawyer experienced in workers compensation. If you think you have an entitlement to make a claim, or if you disagree with a decision of your case manager contact Andersons for an initial free consultation.

For more detailed information on the Return to Work scheme (including those who are affected by the transitional provisions) or the Comcare scheme, download the relevant guides below:

Find out more

Contact Us

For enquiries, please fill in the following contact form