Injured in a public place?
If you have suffered an injury or you are a dependent of someone who has died as a result of another person's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. You may slipped in a supermarket or had a fall in a playground or in a hotel. There are many scenarios that could give rise to a public liability claim. There are strict time limits that apply to this type of claim. At Andersons, we can provide you with the right information and assist you with any claims process.
What sort of accidents may lead to a claim for compensation?
You may have suffered injury or illness under one of the following circumstances
- Slips and falls in a public place
- Playground equipment accidents
- Dog attacks
- Faulty products (Product Liability)
- Food poisoning - for example, salmonella
- Exposure to chemicals
What might I be entitled to?
- Lump sum payments for pain and suffering
- Compensation for loss of wages
- Reimbursement for medical expenses
- Support for domestic and other care services
What should I do if I think I might have a public liability claim?
The legislation relating to making a claim for public liability compensation is different in every Australian state and is very complex.
- Recommended - Leading Public Liability Law Firm (Plaintiff) South Australia 2016
- Recommended - Leading Public Liability Law Firm (Plaintiff) South Australia 2015
Contact Andersons Solicitors to ensure you receive professional advice about your full legal rights and entitlements.
For enquiries, please fill in the following contact form