Ryan is head of the family law department at Andersons Solicitors, and has worked in family law for over 14 years. He joined the firm in 2010 as a Senior Associate, and in 2012 he was promoted to Partner.
Ryan is an accredited ‘Family Law Specialist’ and has a broad range of business and management knowledge gained from his Masters of Business Administration. Ryan is passionate about further education and has completed his second Masters degree, a Masters of Law (Applied Law), majoring in Family Law.
Ryan not only understands family law professionally, but also on a personal basis. Ryan has co-parented his teenage son for a number of years, and understands the difficulties associated with the ways that relationships can change over time.
Ryan has a keen interest in complex family law property settlements. He prefers to use alternative dispute resolution to settle disputes out of court by negotiation and/or mediation, however will fight hard for a client’s rights in court when required.
- Law Society of South Australia
- Law Australasia
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Law Society of South Australia Family Law Committee
- Bike SA
- Bicycle Network (Vic)
- Flinders University - College of Business, Government and Law Work Integrated Learning Program
- Recognised as a Leading Family & Divorce Lawyer Adelaide in Doyles Guide 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
- Recognised as Leading Family Lawyer South Australia (High-Value & Complex Property Matters) in Doyles Guide 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
- Recognised as Leading Parenting, Custody and Children’s Matters Lawyer Adelaide in Doyles Guide 2019
Ryan's areas of practice
- All areas of Family Law
- Property settlements, in particular large asset pool and complex matters
- Preparing and obtaining Consent Orders in the Family Court
- Trusts and Family Law
- Binding financial agreements (including pre nuptial agreements)
- De facto relationships
- Caveats and injunctions
- Children’s issues including urgent relocation and recovery of children
- Agency work
For enquiries, please fill in the following contact form