Eva Bailey is a Partner, specialising in all aspects of family law. Eva has been practicing law for over 16 years and family law has always been the practice area that engages her most.
Eva believes that family law is unique to many other parts of the legal system, as at every stage, it deals with people, their emotions and fears. Eva understands that for her client, and for all involved, these are difficult, stressful and emotional times. Her starting point is to seek a way to resolve all issues amicably and effectively no matter the circumstances.
Eva believes that mediation or negotiation makes it nearly always possible to explore options to resolve and settle any dispute, from the division of property interests through to the best interest of children. If court action becomes necessary, Eva will support and guide her clients throughout the litigation process. Eva enjoys helping clients with applications for adult adoption following the change in the law in December 2018 which allows this to occur.
Her advice will give great weight to the immediate and long term legal concerns of people following separation from a spouse or de facto partner, with a particular focus on property settlements and living arrangements for children. She takes pride in providing the highest level of empathetic service and quality legal advice.
Eva also oversees our criminal law section having practised in this area throughout her career. She understands the need for all people to be assisted in this area whether they are victims of a crime such as domestic violence or defendants. Eva is particularly aware of the relationship between criminal matters including intervention orders and family law proceedings.
At home Eva enjoys spending time with family and friends and following AFL football.
- Law Society of South Australia
- Law Australasia
- Women Lawyers Association of South Australia
- Family Law Section - Law Council of Australia
- Semaphore Surf Life Saving Club
- Flinders University - College of Business, Government and Law Work Integrated Learning Program
- Recommended - Leading Parenting, Custody & Children’s Matters South Australia Doyles Guide 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Recommended - Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer South Australia in Doyles Guide 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Andersons Solicitors Family Law Team: Third Tier - Leading Family & Divorce Law Firm Adelaide in Doyles Guide 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Andersons Solicitors Family Law Team: Recommended - Leading Family & Divorce Law Firm Adelaide in Doyles Guide 2016, 2017 & 2018
Eva's areas of practice
- Property settlements
- Binding financial agreements (including pre nuptial agreements)
- Superannuation and Family Law
- Caveats and injunctions
- De facto relationships
- Same sex relationships
- Children's issues
- Adoption (including adult adoption)
For enquiries, please fill in the following contact form