LawTalk Blog

property settlement and children's issues

Family Law Win. Andersons successful in gaining client relocation

Andersons’ Family Law Department have just resolved a matrimonial matter in South Australia which finalises all matters to do with the parties’ property settlement and children’s...

Read more

childrens issues

Spending time with the children where one parent is an alcoholic

It is in the best interests of children to have a close relationship with both of their parents and significant members of their family. However, the safety of the children will...

Read more

family law

If I am married to more than one person and get caught will any of the marriages be valid?

The focus of this blog is on the act of entering into a marriage while lawfully married to another person, known as bigamy

Read more

Family Law and criminal acts by one partner

Serious criminal act by my newly married partner

Heath and Bianca were married in April 2013. In early July 2013 Bianca discovered that Heath had been involved in an armed robbery earlier in the year and he was charged for the...

Read more

same sex relationships

In a same sex relationship with one child?

Under the Family Law Act (the Act) the parents of a child are responsible for the care, welfare and development of the child. Each parent of a child has parental responsibility...

Read more

parenting plan in family law

Is a Parenting Plan legally binding?

A parenting plan is used in Family Law matters and is an agreement between the parents, grandparents or other persons concerned with the care, welfare or development of a child,...

Read more

family law issues

My husband cheated on me. What are my options in Family Law?

Scenario: Conrad and Victoria have been married for 20 years. The first 19 years of their relationship were loving and caring. However, over the last 12 months their relationship...

Read more

family law and children's issues

Does the opinion of my child count when deciding which parent to live with?

The Family Law courts are concerned with the best interests of the child and when making a parenting order about a child the court must consider any views expressed by the child.

Read more

Administrative Appeals Tribunal

What if I am unhappy about a decision made by Centrelink or another Commonwealth Government Department?

The Administrative Appeals Tribunal which commenced operations on 1 July 1976 exercises powers in areas which include the general administrative, security appeals, taxation...

Read more

Contact Us

For enquiries, please fill in the following contact form