The minimum wages received by employees in the national workplace relations system are determined annually by a specialist Minimum Wage Panel of Fair Work Australia.
From 1 January 2010 onwards, most industries are subject to a modern award.
Modern Awards cover all employers and employees in the national workplace relations system. However, managers or higher income employees may not be covered by a Modern Award even if one applies to the industry in which they work.
How can Andersons Solicitors assist in underpayment of wages and Award compliance issues?
At Andersons, our staff have vast experience in assessing and defending allegations by employees and Trade Unions of underpayment of employment entitlements. Our services in this area include:
- determining the application of Awards and Agreements to particular businesses and workplaces;
- undertaking workplace audits to determine whether time and wage systems comply with legal requirements;
- advising on allegations of underpayment of wages, including determining assessments of potential liability towards employees;
- appearing in industrial tribunals in response to allegations of underpayment of wages and employee entitlements;
- assisting employers to defend proceedings for the recovery of alleged underpayments.
For enquiries, please fill in the following contact form